Hours and Directions
The Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians, at Holy Hill
Church, Shrine and Grounds
Daily: 6:00 am - 5:00 pm
Stations of the Cross
Open May 1 - October 31 (weather permitting)
Sunday: 1:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
(Closed for winter months, high winds, rain or ice)
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please see Cafe page for current hours
Please Note: the New Guest House will be undergoing renovations in early 2017. We are unable to take reservations in the New Guest House from January 22 to July 10, 2017.
The Old Monastery Inn will only be available from February 24 to April 30 (no dates in May or June), and again after July 10, 2017.
Holy Hill offers simple, overnight accommodations to anyone seeking an opportunity to encounter the Sacred in a place apart from the busy world. Our retreat facilities are housed in two buildings, the “New Guest House” and the “Old Monastery Inn.”
The Scenic Tower
Sunday: 1:30 pm -- 6:30 pm
- Gusty or High Winds
- Threatening Weather
- Fog, Rain, Electrical Storms
- Wet Stairs Following A Storm
- Frost & Snow
- Running on the stairs is dangerous and forbidden.
- Anyone under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- DO NOT throw objects from the openings of the Tower.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in Tower.
- Loud voices echo and travel. Please be respectful to the people who are praying in the churches.
- The stairs are narrow and steep. Please do not climb the stairs if you have breathing problems, heart problems, a fear of enclosed places or a fear of heights.
- GRAFFITI IS FORBIDDEN. Please help us to take care of and preserve our beautiful Shrine.